Table of Contents
- How to generate postal labels for parcels
- Where to paste the postal label
- How to generate Post Office labels for letters
- How to generate Content Declaration
- How to make a declaration of content of the Post Office
- How to generate AR (Notice of Receipt)?
- How to track packages and parcels
- Hand-delivery and neighbor delivery
According to a survey by Neotrust, Brazilian e-commerce recorded record revenues in 2021, totaling more than R$161 billion with 353 million deliveries. In addition, the search Future of Retail, made by Euromonitor International and Google, shows that the projected growth of online sales between 2021 and 2025 is 42%. This scenario has led many companies to reinvent themselves and discover new alternatives to traditional ones. One of them is the printing of labels for the post offices through the Internet.
This tool aims to optimize the consumer's time and now helps even more to meet the demand of new consumption habits. That's why we've prepared a step-by-step guide for you to learn how to make mailing labels online and print them out before going to the agency, making your day-to-day and even your company easier.
How to generate postal labels for parcels
1. When accessing the label generator post offices, you will have access to various information about filling out the submission form. We advise you to read them so that you do not have any doubts about entering the data and printing the labels.
2. After reading, scroll down on your browser and start filling in the shipping data. The first requested is from the sender, who is sending the goods. When you enter the zip code, the address, neighborhood, city and state fields will be filled in automatically. In addition to them, fill in the other requested fields as well.
3. After filling in and checking the sender's data, it's time to write the recipient's data, who will receive the package. In the same way as the previous one, when entering the zip code, the address, neighborhood, city and state fields will be generated automatically. With as much information as possible, fill in all other fields.
4. Once the sender and recipient fields of the first label are filled in, simply repeat the filling in the following labels. From the second label, the user can copy the data from the previous sender, optimizing even more their time. So, if you are going to use the same shipping data for all volumes, select the option “copy previous sender”, as shown in the example below.
As it is formatted for an A4 sheet, this tool allows the user to issue up to 4 postal labels at a time.
5. After filling in all the shipping details, now it's time to issue the labels. To do so, at the end of the page, right after tag #4, is the button “generate tags”. By clicking on it, a file will be generated for printing. Again, check all the information entered and, if everything is correct, request the printing.
Where to paste the postal label
Once printed, stick the Post Office labels on the outside of the packages or boxes, preferably on the larger surface for easier viewing. Then just deposit at the nearest branch. There, you can request the shipping service you prefer and you will also receive the postage tracking code to track the delivery.
Attention: in the act of including the information, you can request some additional services, such as MP, AR and Content Statement. If you don't know what all this means, don't worry as we've explained it all below.
How to generate Post Office labels for letters
To generate a label for letters, the process is very similar to that of parcels.
- First, you need to select “Print on Label” from two types of printing. The other alternative is to print directly onto the envelope;
- Fill in the form data, in the order you prefer, recipient and sender. When entering the zip code, the address, neighborhood, city and state fields are filled in automatically. In addition to them, fill in the other requested fields as well. Then click on “generate labels”.
There, your letter tag has been generated! Cut out the A4 sheet and glue to the outside of the envelope. Below is an example of a label, where the recipient appears on the left and the sender appears on the right.
How to generate Content Declaration
I need to generate Content Statement? All orders sent by post offices must have the invoice or declaration of content. For cases where the Invoice (NF) is not mandatory, to "Content Statement” must always be filled in. And even in cases where the NF is already present, filling in this tool is also recommended.
It allows the declarant to issue a document containing details of what is being sent - such as content, quantity and value - and, thus, can make a future claim, in case of loss, in addition to being an alternative to the tax issue in some cases. .
It is also issued when filling out the label. To do this, follow the steps below:
How to make a declaration of content of the Post Office
1. With the sender and recipient form completed, click on the “fill in the content declaration” link. Another tab will open in your browser, giving access to the declarative form.
2. The system itself will export the sender and recipient data from the previous form. Therefore, now, you will only need to complete the open fields: CPF/CNPJ, item, content, quantity and value.
3. Once done, check the data entered and, if they are correct, click “print”. The declaration will be generated in a new tab, according to the data you entered. Carefully read all the information contained in the document, as you are taking responsibility for it, and print it. (https://conversionwise.com/)
If you prefer to generate the Content Declaration form to fill in by hand, just access the resource page, download the PDF file and print.
Now that the content declaration is ready, place it with the order, outside the packaging, like the invoice, and deposit it at the post office. It is recommended to put in from a plastic before affixing to prevent the document from being torn, wet or scratched.
Attention: There are some types of items that are prohibited for shippingsuch as cigarettes, corrosive products and perishable foods.
How to generate AR (Notice of Receipt)?
Every time an object is delivered, the recipient signs a document taking responsibility for receiving it. This sheet returns with the delivery person and is under the responsibility of the post offices. In this case, to have information on who received the proper shipment, the sender needs to contact the Post Office.
In the case of the option acknowledgment of receipt, the AR, the recipient signs a document, which returns to the sender as if it were a letter. In this case, the person who sent the package has a document proving the receipt of the correspondence and the recipient's data, such as full name and ID.
This service is paid and is suitable for those who need to prove the shipment. This proof is even valid as legal evidence.
- To activate this tool, it is at the end of the labels home page, next to the respective button.
- Therefore, click on the “generate AR” button, print the sheet with the document and paste it in the shipping package. It is also possible to generate 4 AR's for each A4 sheet.
How to track packages and parcels
To know the status and even the delivery forecast, the Post Office offers the tracking tool. You will only need the registration code, which is on the object's postage receipt. When an online purchase is made, the seller is obliged to pass it on to the buyer. Another way to carry out this tracking is through the recipient's CPF or CNPJ, if this data has been passed on at the time of posting.
Hand-delivery and neighbor delivery
In some situations, it is important that a document or package is delivered into the hands of the recipient, without the possibility of being handed over to a third party. In this case, the Post Office provides the option of “own hand”, which guarantees delivery to the people indicated in the act of issuing the labels, or in the store itself, when done in the traditional way.
To opt for it, the person responsible for filling it out selects this option, as shown in the example below.
However, it is important to remember that if this option is selected and the person indicated is not found, the item will be returned to the sender and the postage value will not be refunded. Therefore, when choosing this tool, sender and recipient must track the delivery of the shipment so that the item does not return to the sender.
In contrast, the post offices offer another service to consumers: the delivery to the neighbor. Thus, in the absence of the addressee, the carrier delivers the correspondence to the addressee's closest neighbors and who are indicated in the order.
For this, also when generating the tag, it is necessary to indicate the option for this tool and the neighbors who are authorized to receive the item, as shown in the following example:
It is important to remember that, if this service is enabled, the MP option will automatically be disabled. This is because the consumer is also choosing to deliver to third parties, and not only in the hands of the recipient.
Now that you have learned how to generate and print postal labels, tell us how much it has simplified and helped your company's routine.
Ready to ship your orders? If you need help tracking your shipment, the article 11 apps to track postal orders it's the request!